Question:
So very lonely with no one to talk to?
?
2009-03-13 00:40:54 UTC
I moved to the States three years ago (not 100% by choice). I got a job and things were okay. My folks moved back to Greece and now I'm here by myself. I live alone and I'm still in college. I'm in my late 20s, average/attractive, and I live in a college town where most people are a lot younger. Last year I lost my job because I went to visit my family back in Greece. Since then things are so lonely. When I'm not out looking for a job, I'm home alone. If someone happens to call me, my voice is coarse from not speaking to anyone. Being the age that I am it's not likely that I'll go out by myself in a college town. 90% of the rest of the people around here are either off limits or have a kid with crazy exes. The meeting-someone-in-the-supermarket doesn't apply with all these kids around (I tried). The online thing hasn't worked out either. Any ideas on how I can pass my time without feeling so lonely? I can't move yet because the college I go to is one of the few in the U.S.A. that has the major I'm getting a degree in. Please help. I'm so lonely. I have no kids and I live in mid Missouri.
Twenty answers:
ashsretreat
2009-03-13 01:02:29 UTC
Hana hello:

well you are doing the best thing you could have done.From the answers you get here you can try to find new friends.

you will get tons of ideals,and who knows you may even find someone whom you can hang out with.I just moved from Trenton ,MO. last year so i know what your talking about.If your not from there your not part of the place.I live in florida now though a lot more life here.

I wish you luck,and hope you can find friends and some fun.

drop me an e-mail sometime until then know it will not go on like this forever it just feels that way
Ginny
2009-03-13 00:46:45 UTC
Wow....I'm sorry. You should get an account at Tagged.com, Myspace, Facebook, and other social networking sites! Try to meet people in your area! I'm sure that someone will meet you and totally be interested in you! The computer can help you in many ways!! Trust me! :] Tagged.com is the best website...it has chat rooms. :] You could also just visit chat rooms such as chat-avenue.com. Ask if anyone is from where you're at! Go for it girl!! ^__^ Any # in the 20s is not old!! ^__^ Plenty of time! Good luck!! <3
diogo744
2009-03-13 00:47:47 UTC
I´d love to talk to you.. just keep a good conversation, but i´m only 16 years old. So just the fact that i´m 16 probably affects the chances of you talking to me..

I just moved to Brazil, family made me.. I lived in the USA, 12 years! Now everything here is different, and it´s very hard.. I´m currently in alot of pain, i have some stomach issues and medication is hitting me hard.. i will do some exams soon.

but yea, add me on the msn if you want to feel less lonely!

diogo744@hotmail.com

peace & love
John M
2009-03-13 00:52:23 UTC
first of all I have friends that live in and around your state. I beat they would love to meet you and share sometime learning about your country and teaching you about our here. The Mother is 51 and her daughter is turning 21, but acts like 27. She is very grown up and loves people and animals. If you care to have their emails write me and ask for it and I will put you in touch with them.

Second, a Church would be a good place to meet men and women with out the young kids of college effect all of the time.

Third, Join a club that is related to your studies in the area your living or close by. Go to parks as spring approaches.

I wish you luck and welcome to America.

Johnny
Frank Thomas
2009-03-13 00:55:19 UTC
Hi Hana,

I'm in the same boat as you as per family, age, schooling and social network. Things that keep me busy are:

1. Online chats (MSN, etc)

2. Multi-player games

3. Music (creating electronic music)

4. Myspace/Facebook

Things I might suggest is acquiring memberships to the gym, yoga, martial arts, etc. Doing group activities will help you feel good about yourself. I'm also in my late 20's in college and it's tough finding friendships/relationships. I know the social interactions I mentioned aren't superb but it keeps me busy until I graduate.

Good luck :)

Edit: Wow, as I was typing this I noticed you got half a dozen posts or more of horny perverts...kinda sad = / I wouldn't recommend giving your phone number out to total strangers who want nothing but sex. Look for friendships before anything.
Mikala A
2009-03-13 00:49:26 UTC
Try on-line dating. Seriously. eHarmony is probably the best. Even in a tiny little town like yours you'll get matches. It's like $60 for 3 months, and you will get dates, trust me.

Then just go on dates a meet people. Stay away from anyone who seems psycho, and don't go in looking for a serious relationship - just date and have fun.

Seriously, I have girlfriends who tried it and met some really HOT guys who were in exactly the same boat you're in. There are a LOT of people in your situation. The internet was made for people in your situation. Use it dear and good luck.
RYAN O
2009-03-13 00:47:47 UTC
Well for starters, you don't need someone to make you happy. Within each person is where happiness starts. Other people can just be an addition to your happiness. Keep yourself busy by being active. Read books or magazines, go to clubs or events, take up a sport or music class, etc. Take it from a man who is almost 30
PEGGY S
2009-03-13 00:47:42 UTC
Do some volunteer work, join an athletic club, join a social club, take a noncredit course such as ceramics, join a church, participate in a drama club, chorus, etc... on campus. All are good ways to meet people and make friends.
Emperor
2009-03-13 00:46:19 UTC
Try joining clubs or a team in sports at your college to give you a chance to meet new people. Or you can try getting a fun class which gives you the same opportunity as well.
Muzaffar D
2009-03-13 00:53:37 UTC
Get to know me and i can change that....

On a more serious note, i'd say get an account in facebook. It is a very good social site and meeting new people should be easy. I feel for you, it isn't easy being alone, but it'll be okay once you get used to it.
funngirly
2009-03-13 00:49:34 UTC
Read Peggy S answer. She has lots of ideas. Do some volunteer work. Stop thinking about your self and get out in the world. It will work!
Marcia G
2009-03-13 00:47:21 UTC
OMG!I understand you so much you don't even know..and I live in LA.

I came here from Italy 6 years ago and I feel lonely every day..I was so excited when i moved here :-( hopefully it will change
iam_is
2009-03-13 00:50:47 UTC
Join a sports team... You will make friends while staying healthy at the same time.
2009-03-13 00:47:14 UTC
join the club
Dragon
2009-03-13 00:46:48 UTC
Hi Dear

How could I be of any help. I Live miles away.
2009-03-13 00:46:29 UTC
Well hana since I just got over a recent fear would you like to talk to me sometime?
joe6405
2009-03-13 00:45:12 UTC
Sweetheart u should have left ur number so i woulda have called u..
2009-03-13 00:47:59 UTC
you should start playing World of Warcraft!!!!!!!!!!

it would be perfect for you.
2009-03-13 00:46:49 UTC
YEA, THAT'S WHAT CRAIGSLIST IS FOR....AND NOW WHAT....NOW THEIR ******* MONITORING IT....AS THE BIG FAT LOSERS WITH NO LIFE THAT THEY ARE.
Giddy G
2009-03-13 00:46:12 UTC
hey, if you dont mind, pass me your number. i'll call you